Finding a space for your business can be a time-consuming process. A tenant/buyer broker guides the process and does the work for you, making it more cost-effective. This service is at no cost to the tenant/buyer, as in most cases our fee is paid by the landlord or seller.
Engaging a commercial broker to represent your business levels the playing field by having an advocate to represent your best interests. Building owners usually have representatives that advocate their best interests, which leaves tenants to fend for themselves. The tenant rep identifies suitable space options and requests proposals from building owners to move the tenant. The possibility a tenant might vacate the building and move to a competing facility is a constant threat to property owners, yet an opportunity for tenants to lower their overhead and have the best lease terms and facility options. This information can be used as leverage to negotiate the best lease rate, finish upgrades and options.
A tenant/buyer representative can make moving a breeze. Some can help you with:
• Finding and touring suitable space alternatives
• Requesting proposals from building owners
• Financial analysis of space alternatives
• Preparing counter offers
• Working with a space planner or architect for space modifications and tenant finish work
• Negotiating the lease document
• Assisting tenant with vendors for phone, network cable installation, furniture, moving logistics
A tenant/buyer representative knows the market and economic conditions that could impact your business, and deals with landlords and tenants continually. Understanding the mechanics of a real estate transaction is critical in structuring the terms to work in your favor.
You’ll want to be sure your rep can compare different options to help you make the best financial choice in managing your second most expensive line item – real estate.
• Net Present Value to compare various leasing alternatives
• Argus and Internal Rate of Return runs for investment scenarios
• Lease vs. Buy Analysis
• Build-to-Suit Pro-Forma
• Design-Build Models
You’ll want to choose a rep with strong documentation knowledge to help you with:
• Offers and Counteroffers
• Letters of Intent
• Work Letters
• Purchase and Sale Agreements
• Lease Guarantees
At Trinen Realty Partners, we offer these services and more, which are almost all free to the buyer. Call us today at (303) 481-6390 to request a free brochure.